To obtain the arms license with the latest and easiest method, you must understand the new guidelines for obtaining the license. Now, it is so easy to apply for a gun license following the simple steps below.
Required Documents for Arms License
- Arms license form
- Copy of CNIC
- A separate file for documents
- Character confirmation certificate
- Rs. 2000 banknotes
The Only Authority in Pakistan to Issue Arms Licenses
NADRA offers the opportunity to offer all types of computerized arms licenses. It supports versatile end products such as Teslin cards, smart cards, and computerized passbooks. Applications can be both interactive and form-based, making it easy to convert and inherit features, including electronic weapons and ownership data. NADRA collaborates with three different governments; Federal, Sindh, and Punjab.
Concerned Offices for Arms License
- Katchery office [stamp dealer]
- Police station (nearest)
- Office of the Deputy Commissioner
- Post Office
- Arms License Branch DC Office
How to apply for an arms license?
I am explaining brief, short, and simple steps, useful for anyone applying for an arms license.
- Firstly, visit the Katchery office and meet with a stamp dealer to get the arms license form.
- Secondly, attach a copy of the CNIC to the license form.
- Thirdly, prepare the entire file with all the necessary documents using the stamp request form.
- Fourthly, obtain CVC (Character Verification Certificate) from the right police station.
- After that, visit the Assistant Commissioner’s office for an interview.
- Then, fill out the arms license form according to the DC office’s orders.
- Also, visit the nearest post office for post tickets of Rs. 2000 and use them to attach with the form.
- Submit the completed form to the DC Arms Licensing Department.
- After this process, you will receive your computerized arms license within one month.
Guns Law in Pakistan
Firearms laws in Pakistan allow extensive possession of firearms. Only the tribal areas of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province allow the possession of heavy weapons. Residents of Punjab and Sindh provinces believe that the carrying and use of weapons is a constitutional right. Moreover, the residents of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Baluchistan, and parts of rural Punjab consider it part of their culture. Pakistan is also popular for its original armaments tradition. So, a notable arms production center is the town of Darra Adam Khel, near Peshawar.
What is the minimum age for a gun license in Pakistan ?
The minimum age to carry a gun in Pakistan is 21 years. However in Punjab the minimum age is 25 years.
The Pakistan Arms Ordinance, 1965
The Pakistan Arms Ordinance, 1965 was to strengthen and amend the law governing the sale, transport, or possession of arms, ammunition, or military supplies. Except for the tribal area, the law extends to the whole of Pakistan. In 2015, the act was amended.
Prohibition of Unlicensed Sale and Repair of Arms
No one can sell, hold, offer or show weapons, ammunition, or military supplies for sale or repair except under license and in the manner and to the extent permitted. Similarly, nothing prevents a person from selling weapons or ammunition that he legally has for private use to a person who is currently not legally prohibited. So, notify the sale of a weapon or ammunition to a person with the buyer’s name and address to the district court judge or the officer responsible for the nearest police station.
No one can be armed with a weapon, except with a license and to the extent and in the manner permitted. So, any person who is armed without a permit or in violation of its regulations may be disarmed by a judge, police officer, or other person authorized by the government on their behalf or duty.
To know more about laws in Pakistan, click here.